Orbit’s innovative approach ensures successful conferences. Orbit spoke with Health 2000 to understand their objectives and requirements, and set about arranging key aspects:
1. Site inspections – Orbit engaged their local tourism contacts, and created an action packed few days for the Office Manager and their key sponsor in the Sunshine and Gold Coast to review various potential conference venues and activities.
2. Buying Power – As New Zealand’s largest Travel Management Company, Orbit negotiated sharp conference rates for the venue and various activities. Through our strong relationships with suppliers in the market, Orbit worked closely with the venue to understand its layout and what assistance would be needed in regards to the agenda.
3. Orbit staff – Orbit arranged 4 of its staff as a “travel team” to attend the conference. Meeting and travelling with each of the major groups ensured a smooth arrival and departure for the delegates at all points.
4. Orbit Conference technology tools –Health 2000 utilised the benefits of Orbit’s EventsAir tool. Orbit created professional tailored registration sites specific to each business area of Health 2000, which provided the client with a consolidated view of all attendees. The conference app also enabled efficient and effective communication with all attendees before and during the conference.
5. Clear communication plan – Plans were created at outset covering “customer, delegates and suppliers” with task timelines and responsibilities. This was reviewed and updated at each monthly or weekly meeting, charting progress to ensure that nothing was missed. During the event, morning debrief sessions with suppliers and with the conference team also ensured that key responsibilities were highlighted and actioned. A WhatsApp group was also created for the organising team ensured everyone was kept across any questions and answers.
6. Delegation packs pre and post travel - Orbit created a pre-departure email through EventsAir specific to each travelling group that contained the contact details and photo of the Orbit staff member that would be their point of contact. In addition to this email, attendees received their conference pack one month before the event, and a welcome gift on arrival, highlighting that Orbit were there to help.
7. End to end solutions – Orbit booked and arranged all aspects of the conference (not just the travel), including: entryways, themed nights, an animal encounter and assisting with freight requirements.
100% of those invited from Health 2000 support office, members (store owners), retail office, and suppliers, elected to book through Orbit, even though this was optional. The feedback was that the ease of registration, organisation, communication and professional touch to this conference made Orbit the obvious choice. The CEO made special mention of Orbit’s efforts not just in the organisation of the event, but having taken it to another level - being dedicated and committed to being there from sunrise to midnight every day of their conference.